2007-07-26

Amiral butterfly and Grebe with new hatched chick


This beauty landed on a climbing wall for "adventure for kids school" in the forest. Took some pics and then slowly put my hand close to it. The swedish name is Amiral, Admiral in english. It climbed up on my fingers and wtayed there for several minutes. My problem was handling the camera with one hand and to get teh right distance. But I succeded. :)

And this beauty, my friend the Grebe has finally hatched some young. You can see one of them at the arrow. I could see two, but as she was still in the nest I think there were more eggs. This bird has accepted my presence. I arrive very slowly in my kayak. Today she was a bit alarmed, I understood why when I heard the sound of one young and then when I saw it on her back. That is why she has those rised feathers. This is her second batch, she lost the first.

I was lucky today.

No comments: